What to do if you have been a victim of Identity Theft

  1. Get your free credit reports from annualcreditreport.com. Check your report for accounts or charges you don’t recognize.
  2. Consider placing a freeze. A credit freeze makes it harder for someone to open a new account in your name.
  3. If you decide not to place a credit freeze, at least consider placing a fraud alert.”
  4. File your taxes early and respond to letters from the IRS.
  5. Continue to monitor your credit reports.

Contact information for the three credit bureaus:

  •             Equifax: Equifax.com, 800-685-1111
  •             Experian: Experian.com, 888-397-3742
  •             TransUnion: Transunion.com, 888-909-8872
Previous Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *